Community Emergency Response Team
What is CERT Basic?
The CERT Basic Course is delivered by a team of Beverly Hills Fire Department personnel and qualified CERT instructors providing the foundational training and basic skills that are important to know when emergency services are not immediately available.
You can make a difference by using the training to save lives and protect property in different disasters like earthquakes, fires, terrorism, hazardous incidents, and other general life-threatening situations.
CERTs are able to:
- Assist emergency services personnel when requested in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) developed by the sponsoring agency and by area of training
- Assume some of the same functions as emergency services personnel following a disaster
- Prepare families and communities prior to emergencies and assist neighbors during an emergency when first responders are not immediately available
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 1
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 2
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and CERT
To access the latest digital version of FEMA/CERT Basic Training Participant Manual, please follow this link: https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2019.CERT_.Basic_.PM_FINAL_508c.pdf
This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) certified course does not require previous emergency knowledge for participation.
To sign up to become a member of the CERT program, please fill out and submit the CERT Application.
For questions please email CERT@beverlyhills.org or call (310)281-2754.
Business CERT Class
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)